Saturday, February 05, 2005

The PRICE (of the palmOne Treo 650)

P39,900.00 according the the palmOne website for the unlocked version while the local telcos has not officially announced their price yet. Although according to a very reliable source, the Treo 650 has been in our midst for some time now, it's been with the telcos for testing with their network.

Well, I'm not here to talk about the Treo 650, since we all already know how great a smartphone it is. It's about the price. Not to gripe or anything, it's just that, when I compared the price to the SE P9x0, the Treo 650 is almost P10T cheaper. Well, IMHO, the Treo 650 is waaaay ahead of the Symbian UIQ P9x0 in terms of features and capabilities, yet the P9x0 is much more expensive.

So, I'm thinking, if a buyer would really weigh his/her options, for a better buck for the money, I'd go for the Treo 650. The camera, the colors, the screen, the connectivity, etc. I can go on and on and still go down to my original conclusion.

No comments: