Sunday, April 03, 2005

I join the world in mourning for the POPE's Death

I join the world in mourning the death of the most POWERFUL PONTIFF that had ever Lived!

I had the opportunity to see his Holiness twice in my lifetime. Though the first one in 1981 when he first visited the Philippines, as a kid was less memorable, I can still hear the crowd cheering "VIVA LA PAPA" as he passed us from the airport in Buendia cor Roxas Blvd. The next one was in 1995, with my then girlfriend and now my wife. When he visited again, the Philippines for the World Youth Day Celebration. Though it was not up close, we were able to see him from his Pope Mobile when he passed us on his way to the Quirino Grandstand. Up 'til today, I can still see his pink face waving his hands to us when his car drove by. That time we were chanting "WE LOVE YOU, JOHN PAUL II!"

No comments: