Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Mozilla Browser Address Bar

Ever since I've upgraded my PC, I have been using most of the Web Browsers available with IE being used the least. And just a few minutes ago, while using the Mozilla Browser, I found a very simple yet interesting fact about it's address bar, well, it can serve as a search bar as well. It may sound stupid, since most of youprobably knew this for some time now, but it gave a smile on my face finally being able to know this small feature of the browser.

Although most new browsers have this function, most of the search boxes integrated in a browser are totally separated from the address bar, some even doesn't have it on installation but is an add-on. The reason I liked it so much is that, I don't have to point my cursor to the other search box and click on the search button, with this one, I only have to deal with one box, the address box, and simply click on the right button to tell the browser what to do. Another good thing this feature shares with the other search boxes is that it is configurable.

No comments: