Saturday, July 16, 2005

Ready for UPGRADE...but with what?


It's the time of year for cellphone upgrades. I'm ready to upgrade my phone, a SonyEricsson K700i . But the woes of deciding to what phone is very difficult.

I have looked around and have limited my choices to the Sony Ericsson K750i/W800; Nokia 3230; Treo 650; Motorola RAZR V3 or the Sony Ericsson S700. So there's really not much to choose from.

I have loved my K700i so much that it has become some sort of benchmark for my future phones. Here are some of the considerations for my upgrade:

Sony Ericsson K750i/W800:
- Unmatched screen quality and resolution
- expansion card
- 2.0 MP camera
- camera image quality
- Bluetooth connection (pairs seamlessly with my PC & Palm)
- multimedia capabilities
- user interface
- somewhat bland design, lacks the wow factor

Nokia 3230:
- design
- 1.3 MP camera
- camera image quality
- multimedia capabilities
- it's slow and not so direct interface
- Bluetooth connection (although I haven't used a Nokia and I don't know how it's going to be with data transfer and synchronization with my PC & Palm)

Treo 650:
- design
- only a VGA camera
- wonderful big screen
- thumbpad
- applications & softwares (I don't have to carry 2 devices at one time)
- bigger than my other phones
- multimedia capabilities
- seamless synchronization with my PC

Sony Ericsson S700:
- has the biggest WOW factor of them all
- superb screen size and resolution
- 1.3 MP camera (but hey, I only use 1.3 MP setting with my Cybershot digital camera anyways)
- expansion card
- bulky
- multimedia capabilities
- Bluetooth connection (pairs seamlessly with my PC & Palm)

Motorola RAZR V3:
- has that WOW factor
- very slim (though wider than the rest)
- nice screen resolution (but is not at par with the SonyEricssons)
- only VGA camera
- limited internal memory
- no expansion slot
- Bluetooth connection (though I don't know how it will go with synchronization with my PC & Palm)
- did I mention that it's very slim?
- oh and with it's current price, it's got a free Bluetooth headset that comes with the package

So now what?!

No comments: