Sunday, August 14, 2005

Singing Plants

This blog has been long overdue. I was supposed to write this way back June when I started passing the Manila City Hall route. No, I'm not in anyway related to any transport group or anything, I started passing that place because of the location of mu current job.
Anyways, since I don't a car to work, I am a regular passenger of FX/AUV colorum vehicles. I'm from Bacoor, Cavite and it's the fastest and most convenient way to work for me. So, now back to the blog. I always go down at Manila City Hall to get another ride to Morayta and it's there while waiting for the next ride that I noticed something peculiar.
Every morning, the Manila City Hall staff plays some music from the PA system, but when I look around, I don't see any speakers at all. I spent sometime (the consequence of which was I was late for my morning class) looking for any evidence of the speakers in the area, which proved to be a futile attempt. And everytime I get closer to a pot of plant, the music gets louder. Then, it took me sometime to realize what an ingenious way that they have hidden the speakers. They've placed it under the flower pots! And there were a number of flower pots scattered in the said area.
I know this is also done in other countries, but this is the first time I've experienced/seen this kind of innovation. And I was really amazed!

No comments: