Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The WiFi Hotspot

NOTE: This blog was supposed to be posted last September 17, 2005 Saturday -- This is the first time I've accessed the internet thru a Hotspot and man am I bored. If you are wondering what a Hotspot is, well, it's a wireless access to the internet using a broadband connection outside your home e.g. cafe's & malls. I was sooooo excited to use it, since I also know that I have universal access to WIZ hotspots (Globe's Wireless Internet Zone) because I am a Globelines subscriber and they have this WorldPass thing where in I can use the same userid and password that I use in my Globelines DSL account. Ok, I plugged my notebook pc into the only power socket I've seen in Starbucks ABS-CBN. Found a 91% WiFi signal and figured out (which is the most common form of learning for me) how to log in and access the internet. But when I entered the userid and password of my WordPass account, I was denied! OMG! Now, how do you think will I be able to surf the net and let time pass by, while my wife enjoys herself with the company of her highschool friend? Good thing I am also a subscriber of Globe's Mobile Phone service (it only shows how a die-hard Globe subscriber I am huh?), and with it, with just a few taps from my phone's keypad, I was able to acquire a userid and password. Whew, that was some "universal Access" huh?!

No comments: