Saturday, November 26, 2005

A Fragmented User's Group

I know I could be labeled as biased in writing this assessment since I am an active member of another users group, but then again, I don't see any conflict of interest between my group and their as we cater to a different genre which can actually compliment one another.

Anyhow, my friends keep telling me how fragmented this group is for quite some time now, but I never believed them until about a month ago when I stumbled upon a thread in their group and I was shocked. I never realized that they have two "official" websites claiming they are the legitimate one and now a third one came out just a couple of weeks ago, but this 3rd one is more of a Blog than anything else, focused in exposing the bad sides of one of the "legit" sites.

I know some people in these groups, since some of them are members of my group too. They are infact some of the influential members in my group. I too have some "encounters" with these people but we are civil with each other. I am saddened by the fact that these people has lost control of their groups and that it has come to a point where name calling has become a norm.

No comments: