Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The SONY MYLO wireless device

sonymylo.jpg
I remember SONY tagging their CLIE handhelds as part of their MY Life On-line series. Now it seems that they're bringing it back, but this time, as an independent wireless device similar to their UX50 (which is also a reincarnation of a CLIE model) but leaner. It's got Google and Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, SKYPE and Opera web browser but no cellular connectivity, only WiFi. It can play MP3s and can even share music wirelessly to other MYLO owners in the area.

The mylo has 1GB of flash memory, backed by a Memory Stick Pro Duo slot. Its screen is a 320 by 240 pixel 2.4-inch LCD. It'll retail for $350 when it hits the shelves in September.

Now I'm getting excited and confused. I was eyeing on the Nokia E61 to be my "convergent" device but I guess I'm only after the WiFi connectivity that the E61 offers. That way I could walk around the house without lugging my notebook, just to chat with friends online. Well, I guess it's anything goes for me.

Sony Mylo: Media Player With WiFi, Skype, Browser, and Messaging - Gizmodo

No comments: