Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Democracy Player -- my Favorite of the Month

I just downloaded and installed Democracy Player after some time of contemplating. I usually use VLC Media Player and has been satisfied with it. But, I also watch Video Podcasts from iTunes, which, after installing the latest iTunes version 7, has not been quite an enjoyment. Then I found out about Democracy. After installing it, and viewed a stored TV series in my HDD, it immediately took me away.

With VLC on Windows Vista, every time I would open an .avi file, Vista would change the display settings which should really not be bothersome had it not take a lot of RAM space. With Democracy Player, the Vista video settings remains untouched, meaning, it keeps the Aero interface.

With regards to iTunes comparison, Democracy Player would download and play Video Podcasts and plays it seamlessly. iTunes 7 is the buggiest iTunes so far and whenever I play podcasts on it, my RAM usage shoots beyond the meters on my PC.

Hopefully thought, Democracy will not fail me.

No comments: