Thursday, December 28, 2006

Chaos in the internet from the Taiwan Quake

Today is the 2nd day since my internet connection has been unstable. At first I thought there was something wrong with my ISP (Globelines Broadband), but after trying (in futility) calling their "hotline" which even after 30 min no one answered, I was able to connect to PhilMUG website, it was there that I found out what happened. And from that time onwards my connection was sloooooooow and intermittent, even if my modem says otherwise.

It has been just now that I am able to connect to Gmail and Yahoo! Mail, my only source of information online for the past 2 days was Inq7.net and the local users groups (which at times becomes intermittent). In a few minutes I will try to log into Yahoo messenger, hoping that it will connect to servers.

So far, Google is still not loading on my side and Yahoo mail is still dragging. Though Engadget has been loading since the beginning of this crisis.

No comments: