Thursday, August 02, 2007

WiFi Hotspot in a school

Technology is imminent thus, what ever we do, it will come and will force itself to us. Why not just embrace it right? Well, I consider myself as an early adapter. I love technology. I am also a "pasaway"! Put one beside another and you have WONDERFUL CHAOS!

Well, anyways, I have a Linksys Compact Wireless Router lying at home (I only use it, when I go for long trips and make my own wireless hotspot in my destination), I decided to install it in one of the schools that I teach (well, this same router was installed in the other school before, the faculty was enjoying it, but it seems that they were relying on me for it, and decided not to get one for themselves, which prompted me to pull it out), anyways, here I am at the library, wirelessly connected to the interweb.

Of course there's a password, so not everyone can enjoy it, besides, I said earlier that this is made possible by a "pasaway" faculty hehehehe, it purely means that the higher ups doesn't know about it.

Now I don't have to stay at the back most of the library to get that open signal from one of the buildings close to ours. Although I'm thankful for him/her for keeping his network open for me to use. He/she need not worry, I'm not going to hijack his/her signal, I am just "sharing" their wireless network.

Enjoy!

No comments: