Saturday, November 17, 2007

4GB lang? EeePC

4GB lang?! This is the top remark I get when I tell them about my new toy. "Ang liit naman ng capacity?" and "walang windows?". This makes me laugh.

Everytime someone asks me what a good notebook computer is, I always ask them back, "what you going to use it for?". Unfortunately, most of them would rather buy an expensive notebook pc, without considering the different factors. Most would be looking at the processor. They would like to have the "best" the "newest", "kailangan Core2Duo!", yeah right! "Tapos dapat Windows Vista" or "why not buy a MacBook?" oh ok! "You should get the one with the biggest hard drive capacity" said one, "oh and that wide screen is much better to look at" said another.

Ok so you bought that spanking new notebook PC with Core2Duo, 1GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, Windows Vista Home Premium, glossy 15 inch screen. Ok what now? What are you going to use it for? Uhm, let me see, oh ok, update my Friendster and Multiply account, I have to blog my "new" notebook. Hehehehe HELLO! OK KA LANG! CORE2DUO and the first thing you'll be doing is to update your profile?! nyahahaha

Then what? "Oh and I have to install iTunes, I now have a laptop to sync my iPod with" ok, then? "Uhm, oh! I have a report on Thursday, I can show my classmates my new computer while I use PowerPoint for my presentation!" Yeah right! Hehehe I would bet that that Microsoft Office didn't come with your new notebook? Ha! Huli! hahaha

Ok then, let's say, let's meet up at Starbucks in Greenbelt, just to hang out, and did I mention that's a hotspot? Yeah, you can bring your laptop and we can talk and surf there. I'm ok with my ASUS EeePC, it fits in my backpack, heck, I can even bring it as it is, no bags, because it has it's own sleeve. How about you, will you bring your notebook as is, not inside a bag? You wish! Most notebook PCs at the moment are heavy, plus you have to carry around that very BIG power brick! Excuse me, my power brick is small and light, I'm using a MacBook. Yeah right again! The EeePCs power adapter is as small as a cellphone charger, beat that!

The point, most people consider the features a big factor in buying a laptop, and yet, they don't utilize the features at all. Most would just be using a web browser, powerpoint and document editor, oh and picture viewer and that's it! And yet they want the latest and most expensive notebooks out there. Just like what they do with mobile phones, they want the most expensive, but as them what they do with it, it boils down to texts and calls (that is kung may load! Nyahahaha nakakahiya, worth P35K ang phone mo tapos naka prepaid ka lang? SHYET! Smart Buddy pa! Nyahahaha what JOLOGS!) hehehe oh and taking pictures of me in the car with my teeth and tongue out! Hehehehe galing.

Notebooks are meant to be portable, mobile, easy to carry and light. The ASUS EeePC is all that. If you don't edit videos and pictures, why get an expensive laptop that will be obsolete in 6 months time (this reminds me of the early adapters of the MacBook, in less than 6 months, there gadgets became obsolete with the coming of the Core2Duos at the same price NYAHAHAHAHAAHA!).

These laptops, mostly has 13, 14, 15 inch screen size are HEAVY! Not too portable. Eh excuse me, I have a car so I don't worry about the weight, yeah right AGAIN, then what, most of the time you leave it in the car because it's heavy. With the EeePC, I can replace it in 6 months to one year, because it's not that expensive. Heck it's cheaper than my mobile phone.

So stop being a prick and drool over. If I'm a student, and laptops are not allowed in the library, I would just get this one and I can sneak it in and enjoy surfing and updating friendster and multiply inside the library. Take that hahaha

1 comment:

Moon Jinyi said...

seriously... ouch... nice post! it hit me so hard that i am now hiding in a cave somewhere in the middle east so i can forget the trauma and humiliation brought about by this entry.

just kidding. but you were right about mostly everything.

i have an hp pavilion dv6000 (which i bought so i have something to use when someone else is using the pc at home). and yesterday, i had to lug it around glorietta from pasig then to my house after case work in a friend's house. and it was freakin' HEAVY! i think i broke my shoulder when the strap of my laptop case cut into my skin.

and another thing to be right about, it has no microsoft office 07! *bet you're feeling smug right now* and somehow, the CD reader does not like to read fake copies of program CDs! so i had a problem installing my entire sims2 collection and my need for speed series! >=Z (i also got the laptop for gaming -- which is stupid and irrational but...WHATEVER)

so you win! here is someone admitting to your clear insights and suitable justifications of your SUPERIOR gadgets. you were right about almost everything except for the facts that:
1.) i don't like to show it off to my friends; yesterday was the first time i brought it out of the house since it first came in last nov 9 and i only did it cuz no one else would bring theirs.
2.) i don't drag it with me to cafes with hotspots; i only go to starbucks when forced.
3.) i am a prepaid SMART buddy user NOT ONLY because i am jologs but because i can afford to waste my Php 1.2K/month on prepaid cards for my cheap 24K phone which i ONLY use to contact my mom overseas or anyone during times of dire need. i am also a smart user so that i have an excuse not to join the elite ring of my idiot globe user friends who GM stupid annoying forwarded messages just so they can fulfill their need to be social beings.

but then that's just me. so go ahead! do your little "MY TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOURS; CUZ I AM WAY SMARTER THAN YOU!" dance. your entry really hit the mark this time cuz all the while, aside from me but just in my class, i can already see several stupid little girls wo fit your description perfectly.

kudos! and keep up the excellently sarcastic and egotistical writing! SERIOUSLY! :D