Monday, April 07, 2008

Globe's Version of Wholesale Data

For some time now, SMART has been offering it's subscribers a way to surf the net wirelessly either thru the mobile phone browser or using the phone as a modem. They are charging P10 for every pulse of 30mins. That's P20 for an hour, pretty good for an area without any WiFi hotspot. But don't expect blazing speeds as it will use whatever data signal is available, and at the moment, it can vary from GPRS to EDGE to HSDPA (still unconfirmed).

And now, Globe went and splashed their way into the wireless broadband arena (I've been waiting for this, actually I've been itching to get the SMART's plug-it prepaid version of their SMART Bro wireless broadband). Though I am still contemplating in getting one of these, convincing myself that I need it. My connectivity needs is actually complete, broadband at home and in the hospital. No gaps at the moment. But hey it's cool to be connected anytime I want to.

Globe's version, charge P5 for every P15minutes of usage. But then again, if you're going to look at it, it's just the same as that of SMART's. But the advantage I see with connecting thru Globe is that, Globe does not block ports, unlike that of SMART's.

No comments: