Sunday, August 31, 2008

Globelines Wireless Landline Application/Activation - NOT FUNNY but IRRITATING

I applied for a globelines wireless landline last thursday Aug 28, 2008 at Greenbelt 4. It was a fairly easy process since I just asked them to link it to my existing Globelines account. I was then told that activation will take a MAXIMUM of 3 days. Now is the 3rd day and my line is not yet activated.

This frustrated me, being the eager beaver that I am, I called up Globelines Customer Service Hotline (171 for Globelines or 02 9198888 for other phones) to ask about the "SIM card slot" on the phone. Thru the course of the conversation with the CSR, I found out that my application was still pending for APPROVAL! WHAT! I said to the CSR, if it was still for approval, how come they already gave me the unit (ZTE N160)? Ok, so he told me to just wait for the call from their support group informing me of my telephone number and activation of the line.

Ok, I did not receive a call, so the next day, Aug 29, 2008, I called back and asked for the status of my application, and still the CSR told me that it was still PENDING approval and activation. Now I got pissed off, becuase from the previouse CSR, he told me that normally, activation is done within 24 hours! So as to pass along my frustrations and anger, I did not hang up and instead argued with the CSR (I worked in a call center before and talking too long to a customer will ruin the metrics of the CSR and the team), and even asked for a supervisor, to which they were not able to give me one.

Yesterday, Aug 30, I called back and still got the same answer, again, I argues for quite sometime. Today, still no call form the support services and I called back again. I will be calling again for the whole day just to pester them.

The leaflets, ads and the Globelines website, indicates that activation is within 48hours which has not happened to me. tsk tsk

No comments: