Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ubuntu Report: Almost there

I think the time when Linux (Ubuntu) will be an option for computer buyers is almost here. I've been using Ubuntu for sometime now and it's becoming simpler to use. Although there's not many applications for the OS, it's getting there. The only thing that the developers have to do is to make it more user friendly (not that I'm saying it's not, it's getting there). 

Right now, it's easy to surf, download (direct and torrent), type a letter, make a presentation, do some simple excel stuff. One thing that's difficult in it at the moment (for me) is the installation of new applications. It's easy if the application that I'm looking for is within the repositories that came default with the OS. Oh and if one knows how to go with the apt-get install thingie. 

No comments: