Thursday, September 24, 2009

My New iPod Touch

It's been 2 days and I'm still enjoying this new toy of mine. I use it
more as an MID (Mobile Internet Device) than a PMP (Portable Media
Player).

I've set-up all my Google accounts (Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google
contacts), and even added my Yahoo! Mail and Hotmail. Setting up all
these was very easy. All i had to do was to put in my email address
and the corresponding passwords.

Since the hospital is mostly wireless enabled, I didn't have any
problems keeping the connection and push notification is a wonder in
this device, even social networking sites such as facebook and Twitter
gives me push notification. That's why updating my status is a breeze.

Some of the qualms I have with it, well, the predictive text is
sometimes annoying, but one can get used to it. Also, it's very thin,
holding it the wrong way can give one some discomfort during prolonged
use. It's day 3 of this device and I still haven't bought it a case.
Also the scree and the stainless back is one big fingerprint magnet.

Watching Youtube is also a wonder (as long as you have a fast
connection). I like this device because in coffee shops, and in the
malls, I don't have to bring my laptop just to update my status in
Facebook hehehe.

There's still some quirks with editing and viewing Word and Excel documents, but what excited me was the syncing of notes from my Outlook.

Will post more information about my use of this wonderful device.

Sent from my iPod Touch


No comments: