Thursday, June 24, 2010

Text Scam in Globe

Yesterday, I received a message on my phone...from a number that I didn't know telling me that they have a new number and it's a roaming number and if it's alright, send them at least P150 load...definitely a scam!

I follow Globe tech support in Twitter (@talk2globe) and told them about it, just for a test if I'll get results. I informed them about the text together with the phone number of the sender...they then asked me if I could send the whole message, the date and time the message was sent. Good thing this was thru Twitter and I am on an "unlimited data" plan on my BlackBerry, otherwise they would get a double whammy from me!

I was infuriated after sending them all the info, they tell me that they can't help me and instead gave me the contact details of the NTC (National Telecommunications Commission) because the number in question is not theirs....can't that be the most stupidest answer one can give?!? They should have told me that before they asked for the questions! Arg!

Sometimes I wonder what's the use of these hotlines?!

No comments: