Friday, July 15, 2011

Android 3.2 update...finally

One of the main reason why I chose the Motorola Xoom as my very 1st tablet, even though it's the underdog is it's the reference device of Honeycomb. This will be the 1st device to be updated when an upgrade from Google comes out. True enough, my choice was right on. Android 3.2 was announced a few days ago by Google and Motorola and here it is now.

The update was quick and easy. When I check for the update this morning, it wasn't still there yet, mid day it was still missing but after a few hours, I was suddenly prompted about the update and it already has downloaded.  Wow!

I haven't seen any difference yet, still have to search the net for the update notes, though I read somewhere that it'll enable the microSD card slot and of a "zoom-to-fit" capability for apps that are not "yet" optimized to run on Honeycomb.

sent using Gmail on a Motorola Xoom

No comments: