Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sony NEX-5N replaces NEX-5, adds 16.1 MP sensor, 25,600 max ISO, OLED viewfinder option (video) -- Engadget

i've always wanted to shoot professional looking pictures. I kept on convincing myself that it's just a matter of practice to get those kinds of wonderful photos.

The 1st thing to do is to get a decent camera, so I looked at those entry-level DSLRs...was excited to own one initially but it eventually wore off as it became affordable & lots of people are going into photography (not that I'm saying it's bad), it's just that i don't believe that everyone can become one...oh and they all looked so funky and ehm cheap hahahaha (sorry guys).

Then came the micro four-thirds camera...they's small yet they pack the same picture quality as their DSLR cousins. The one that attracted me was the NEX series from SONY. Well, they're very attractive! The body is tiny and dwarfed even more by the lenses. I handled one a couple of months back and it was gorgeous. Though no viewfinder, but the screen is awesome. I was really going to get it, until.

Until a friend of mine offered me his CANON EOS 550D at a very affordable price, less than a year old and was just used as a back up camera. I'm not the type of person who buys 2nd hand things, but with the price he's offering it, heck I couldn't resist.

Maybe, just maybe on the side note. It was a good thing that I took the camera. Even though I look like a dork, walking around the mall with it around my neck. It forced me to learn the basics of the camera controls and how it affects the shots. Maybe, it's a good start that I begin on a full-sized DSLR and eventually move to these micro four-thirds camera. These are just MAYBE's.

No comments: