Friday, February 03, 2012

Wi-tribe Signal Testing continues

Going on to my 2nd month with the Wi-tribe Mobile Router, there's only been a few places where I don't get a signal or a very weak signal...one of these places is Rockwell....Wi-tribe is totally useless inside Powerplant Mall, heck even my Sun cellular phone becomes a useless brick inside the mall.

At Starbucks in the Block stores still in Rockwell, the signal was very weak, as in only 1 signal LED was lighting up and though it still gave me consistent fast speeds, the signal was erratic.

Another place that has a weak to no signal is inside Greenbelt 5 mall. But in the garden and outside the structure, signal  and speed is great.

Another thing that I like with the service is even with a weak signal, speed isn't compromised. Unlike the usual USB modem sticks and cellular-based mifi devices, where signal downgrades to slower speeds when weak signal is encountered.

sent using Gmail on a Motorola Xoom

No comments: