Thursday, June 25, 2020

"FLUKE" with PLDT Home Prepaid Wifi -- can't connect


What the hell was that? 

I am using a PLDT Home Prepaid Wifi for one of my clinics and I load it Php999.00 once a month that gives me 160GB data allocation (which I don't get to consume).

I load it thru the myPLDT-Smart app. Last Sunday, my load ran out, and decided to just load it just a little before 10am. I wasn't able to connect to the router when I got to the clinic, thinking that there might be some network issues.

But today, 2 days after, when I turned on the laptop, I still wasn't able to connect, even after a couple of power cycles from the laptop and the modem/router. Although, I was able to connect to the modem/router using my cellphone, a SAMSUNG Galaxy S20 Ultra.

My last try was to once again, do another power cycle of the router, but this time, for a longer time. I unplugged it, waited a while, and for what ever reason, I was able to connect!

Hmmmm Curiouser!

No comments: