Thursday, June 25, 2020

Frustrating Phone

I love my android phone, it's an LG Optimus One P500.

It gave me a chance to fiddle with the Android OS. It's got Froyo on it, which means I can use it as a portable/mobile hotspot. But to use that hotspot, I must be subscribed to a data plan, which I am, with Sun Cellular. But that's going to be another story.

I was driving to the clinic, I thought how fun I'm having with this phone. But I would be deleting some apps from it because I have a Motorola Xoom coming from the US at the end of the month. I thought how it doesn't give me (anymore) problems with it's data connection disappearing when ever I activate the mobile hotspot feature. But I guess I was wrong.

When I got to the clinic, I set up my toys (so I will have something to do while waiting for patients to come in), I set up the phone to function as a mobile hotspot, then, there it was...the data connection started acting up...heck no...it just disappeared!!!! I tried restarting the phone, doing some reconnection, apparently, I can reconnect but I have to disable the mobile hotspot feature. Tsk

The last time I did this, I always have to "reformat" the phone by doing a hard reset. Which I just did. Not really a big deal as all my contacts and appointments are synced with gmail and google calendar. So they'll just re-appear on the phone. But what bugs me is...this bug, which renders the phone unreliable.

No comments: