Wednesday, July 28, 2004

IMX Mobile

On my way home today, I passed through Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and in there I passed by Wireless Connections, a mobile phone outlet. There I saw ads for IMX Mobile, the local version of NEXTEL of the USA and got me asking, why is NEXTEL so popular in Corporate America.

I realized that Americans are used to voice calls, they don't like anything much on their things, expecially if it will complicate it. So, it's obvious that they're just catching up on the "texting craze". They're too much into voice calls that even in the middle of nowhere, there's a telephone booth.

Back to IMX Mobile. I've been reading about this company for some time now, and, it's been since their launching that they're promoting there product. Perhaps they're asking, why are we not catching up with the other TelCos? Perhaps they should look at their coverage! With the leaflet that I got from Wireless Connections, IMX is only limited to Luzon and upto Batangas at the farthest! I don't think they could be proud of that, while with SMART ..."there's no mountain high enough", and with Globe, there's Ate Shaui calling Kiko in God know's where that over-looking house is, with her own cell site at that!

I don't know then what PTT (push-to-talk) technology, which Nokia will be lauching with their 5220, will do with IMX, since it's their field. Let's wait and see.

No comments: