Sunday, August 07, 2005

To buy or NOT to buy!

I have two printers at home, one is a very old HP Deskjet 420C (my very first printer) and a somewhat old Epson C20 double-cartidge inkjet printer. Both has served me well, right now I' using the HP solely for black printing while the Epson for colored printing. I haven't gone into printing digital hard copies of the pictures I have in my hard drive yet. Still not worth it in my opinion.

It's that time of the year to replace the inks in both of my printers, the problem is, as with the HP inks, they're expensive, so expensive that there are printers out there that is at the same price level just for the ink itself. I am not a fan of ink cartridge refills, as I think they're not of the best qualities. With the Epson, well, I've been using replacement inks with it for sometime now, but with the last two cartridges I've used, well, I was disappointed. And then again, though cheaper than HP inks, it's still a tad cheaper than a whole printer set. So now, I'm in a dilemma, to buy just the ink or buy a whole new printer for that matter? What to do?!

No comments: