Monday, October 24, 2005

Google Desktop2


When Google launched the first Google Desktop, I was one of those who didn't jumped right away into the wagon, especially after reading some of the privacy concerns (hehehe who knows what secretes I keep within my hard drives that even I doesn't want it found), but after a while and after the Google Desktop 2 release, I downloaded it and since then, I've been enjoying it. I was afraid that it would hug much of my desktop's limited resources, but I was surprise to find out that it really doesn't use up much, not after it has indexed your files that is. What I really like about it is the SCRATCH PAD, it's a Notepad type of widget that automatically saves what ever you type within it. Saves me time from clicking on my Notepad icon and saving it after typing things in it. Overall, the Google Desktop 2 is really a big help, with it's indexing capabilities, now looking for long "lost" files in your PC is just a few clicks away. Oh and did I mention that searching your HD is also fast? See ya!

No comments: