Friday, December 09, 2005

Windows Remote Desktop

Remember I posted here (or maybe in my Yahoo! 360 account, anyways), about me trying to "revive" some old CPU's, mostly running AMD K-6 550MHz. Well, there is one unit from Dell, but this time it's faster at 730MHz. I've installed WinXP SP2 and very minimal applications so as not to slow it down. I've also upped the RAM to 256MB since most of the other CPU's I have here have a max RAM of 128MB (since most of these junks only has 64MB in their GUTS). Anyhow, I've decided to dedicated the "Dell" as my torrent client and it's sole purpose is to download TV shows. I never realized that these shows were that clear. Yeah, I've heard that they were HD but man was it clear. So, I placed the Dell near my main CPU and hooked it up in the network, and since I don't have (yet) a KVM switch, I have to manually, and painstakingly, reach to the back of my CPU to remove the monitor cable and plug it into the Dell. The I remember that thing called Windows Remote Desktop, and here it is. I can now see what's happening to my Dell Bittorrent machine. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: