Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A CD/DVD burner for VISTA

Ever since I've installed Windows Vista (Beta, RC1 and RC2), I was limited to the built-in burner software or ImageBurn for my burning needs. Though these are capable softwares, there was still that void that I've been feeling. So I decided to try out NERO, but even after a "successful" install, whenever I launch it, it simply closes and VISTA gives me an error of "incompatability". Then I tried ROXIO, I thought it was ok, until at the end of installation, another error, something was missing from the installation file or something was corrupted. Then I decided to give it another try, this time, I copied it to my internal drive (since I kept it in my external drive). So lo and behold, it installed and is now running. Was able to burn an ISO image from it already. Whew!

No comments: