Sunday, October 29, 2006

Out-of-the-box: Brother DCP-115C

Ok, finally I've decided to retire my EPSON CX20 (which for that matter, decided for itself after not being detected by the PC, which from my research, EPSON printers are known for) and my Plustek EPP scanner (which I might say has been very cooperative all thru different Windows versions).

Today, I got myself a Brother DCP-115C. After long hours of convincing myself to get an all-in-one printer. Why this one? Well, I was choosing between, an HP, an EPSON, this one and a CANON Pixma MP160. the CANON definitely wins in the looks division, but much like an HP it falls on the ink price and practicality since it uses a tri-color cartridge, which at this point in time is not advisable. HP, Brother, EPSON wins in photo-printing, though I must admit that I'm very much biased for HP. EPSON and Brother on the other hand wins on the practicality side, both using an individual cartridge for it's inks. And of course the price, all of these printers are on the same price range but the Brother was a bit ahead on the features, for it has card-readers built-in (aside of course from the usual scanner, copier, printer modes).

Here are some pictures of the unboxing of the printer:

No comments: