Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mobile Broadband or Fixed landline Broadband?

Globe's latest offering of their HSDPA mobile broadband service is very tempting, for P2000.00 one can have broadband anywhere he/she goes. That is, if they have a notebook and enough power to last for whenever.

My dilemma is that, I am a subscriber of Globelines Broadband (with a landline phone) and Globe Handyphone, so basically, I'm a Globe "subscriber". I'm shelling out almost P3000.00 for both the MSF of the landline and the DSL connection, which gives me unlimited "2Mbps" internet connection 24/7. But whenever I go out, say go to work, I still have to either get a WIZ password from my Globe Handyphone (this is built in anyway) or pray that I still have enough credits for the month from my Globe WorldPass account (which is incidentally P250.00/month - consumable).

But with Globe's Mobile Broadband service, I can have around "1.7Mbps" wherever I go (as long as there is a 3G signal) and other services as well like:
  • Unlimited mobile access via HSDPA, 3G, EDGE, GPRS
  • Unlimited Wi-Fi* and Dial-up
  • A Mobile browsing data card*** + data SIM for FREE!

  • I'm wondering now if it would be best to get another subscription (that's another P2000.00 on top of the P3000.00 that I'm shelling out monthly for the DSL subscription) of Globe Visibility or stick with WorldPass .

    No comments: