Saturday, May 19, 2007

FREE WIFI AT ROBINSONS ERMITA...NOT!!!

It was one of those days that I get to go to Ermita these days, some of the few reasons are the traffic, no interesting place to go to and I'm not a Robinsons guy.

Anyways, I'm here because I don't have to go to and I still don't want to go home (come on, it's a friday!). I told myself that this will be the best time to try out the FREE Wireless Internet connection (WiFi) that Robinsons Malls are trying to use to entice shoppers.

I went to the TASTE BUDS, Robinsons version of the Food court. This is where the "FREE" WiFi is. I'm so excited, I can't wait to get online. I ordered a Strawberry shake and a clubhouse sandwich from San Francisco Coffee and fired up my notebook.

The first access point that was detected was that of AIRBORNE ACCESS, I'm pretty sure this wasn't it, so I asked the BARISTA and he pointed me to those things on the table that they use to advertise their products, a small paper is stuck to it with instructions on how to log on the "free" WiFi. Of course, I followed the instructions but I kept on getting rejected (I hate that feeling! Well, who does in the first place?).

I sent an SMS to the hotline on the paper, but up until I had finished typing this article, I am just getting the AIRBORNE ACCESS SSID. Goodluck to me :(

1 comment:

Andy HoboTraveler.com said...

Hello, Did you find any WIFI in the Ermita Area. I am aware of the Friendly Guesthouse. I wnat to get a room near Ermita, Malate with WIFI or Ethernet in the room and not over about 1000 Pesos.Andy of HoboTraveler.com --- Submit Hotel URL