Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Dreaded Globelines Broadband Erratic Connection is Here!

I have been reading quite some complaints about Globelines' erratic behavior, the way it will disconnect and re-connect after a few minutes of being logged-in. All the while I thought that this was area-related, since all the years I've been using Globelines broadband, I have never encountered the said incidence. But since a couple of days ago, whenever I use Yahoo! Messenger, I noticed that the line was acting differently, I know that get disconnected because, every time I get logged on into my Yahoo! Messenger SMS. This should only happen if I log off from YM, but in a single session, my phone keeps on getting the notice that I have been logged on into YM SMS.

Couple this with uTorrent as the download speed goes to zero every once in a while, then goes back up to it's normal speed after a few minutes. I also checked my modem/router's configuration page and much as I expected it, there are lots of errors and disconnections. I have emailed Globelines' customer support and I am still clueless as to what their explanation would be.

No comments: