Saturday, August 25, 2007

LOCKED POWER POINT DOCUMENTS

I borrowed a set of powerpoint documents from a friend and stored it in my iBook. I was surprised to see a lock icon at the lower right corner of the main icon. At first I thought it was harmless and that it merely makes the document read-only.

Then I tried deleting the file, I got an error message saying that the document cannot be deleted because it's locked. Whatever I do, drag the icon in the trash bin, or right click it, the same error message appears. Then I tried hiding it, I dragged it into another folder, only to find out that it will instead, make a new file making the files double.

This frustrated me knowing at I have redundant files in my notebook and the obsessive compulsive in me just can't get over it. So I played around with the settings, finally I went into the "get info" component, one by one, I opened it, until I unchecked a "lock" tick box.

That is when I was able to delete the file.

No comments: