Friday, September 26, 2008

Globe Visibility Prepaid

Wasn't able to resist it. I tried getting one last week, but was out
of stock in the Globe Business Center at the SM Mall near our place. I
got a text this morning, informing me that they just got a fresh batch
of Visibility Prepaid USB Modems. Heck, it's just P2500 and it's
Prepaid! I don't have to worry about the monthly charges, because I
don't really need it.

I just want to have one. I'm so connected! I have Wireless Internet in
the hospital (I hooked up a Dlink DIR-300 wireless router on one of
the LAN cables at work), and I have a good 2Mbps DSL line at home. But
hey, it pays to be connected. I will use this between work and home.

I'm also thinking of using this at coffee shops (Starbucks, Coffee
Bean & Tea Leaf, etc) that has a P100/hr WiFi Access fee or more.

It's a nice USB modem, at first I thought it was a HUAWEI USB modem,
but it's a ZTE stick instead. It doubles as a Flash Drive too when
you put in a microSD card. This one is a lot handier than the earlier
Huawer E220 USB modem.

It comes in a DVD plastic case, very nifty. No softwares on a CD as
this is Plug 'n Play. Just pop it into one of any free USB ports,
regardless of the OS (Windows or Mac) and it will intall itself on the
computer, and you're ready to go surfing while on the move.

It's advisable to lock the modem to a 3G signal than to let it choose
between 3G and GPRS.

Now the next thing that I have to do is to remember the phone number
of this thing, shit, another set of numbers to memorize.

These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/

2 comments:

Anda said...

Hi! Do you have a personal email address where I can send you an email? Need to ask you some questions re Visibility.

Thanks!

Bloogergan said...

send me your email and I'll send you one too and we can exchange notes or queries about Globe Visibility, thanks