Thursday, October 02, 2008

Globe Visibility: Huawei E160 USB MODEM

The other day, I got myself a Globe VisibilityPrepaid USB Stick, I thought I was going to get a HUAWEI E160 (I liked how it looked like in the 3 Black Edition), but instead got a ZTE USB modem instead. I eventually gave the ZTE USB modem to my aunt (she's going to use it with her new MagicJack).

Though I don't have any use for a USB Broadband modem at the moment (I have free WiFi at work and I have DSL with a wireless network at home, the two places that I'm always at), I decided to get another one just for the sake of having one hehehe. Anyways, there is an ongoing shortage of the device at the moment, so, I asked in the Globe Business Center in Megamall, as expected, I was told that it's out-of-stock. No fret, I'm not in a hurry to get one anyway. So I ended up at the Globelines Business Center at the same mall, again, I just tried my luck, and was told that they have it on-stock (weird! hehehe), so I said that I'm getting one.

While waiting for my number to be called, I saw from that customers ahead of me that the packaging for the VISIBILITY Modem that they're getting is different from the one I got before (ZTE), I got very excited when I found out that the ones that they're selling are the HUAWEI type!

In short, I bought one, looks fancier than the ZTE, still white, and the software is pretty much the same (though not exactly the same), as the one that came with the ZTE. I have yet to test the speed of this unit, will post my experiences with it right away!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just bought Globe Visibility: Huawei E160 USB MODEM. it's a nice product, however i had troubles installing it in my computer,Huawei E160 USB MODEM doesn't recognize my operating system (Microsoft Windows XP home edition service pack2) don't know why.And it even shuts down my system in the middle of the installation. :=)it's unrefundable. !=