Sunday, October 12, 2008

My New Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo...the Logitech S510

I have been itching to get a new wireless keyboard for my desktop. I'm not looking for any fancy gaming wireless keyboard, just a simple, yet elegant wireless keyboard. I'm planning to put my old Logitech Wireless Keyboard to my Ubuntu Box hooked to my HDTV. That will now compliment the design of the Media Center.

Since my first Logitech Keyboard and Mouse combo did a very good job, of course, I will have to replace it with an equally good performance combination also from Logitech. I was able to find what I want from the Logitech Cordless Desktop S510 (my old one was the Cordless Desktop EX110), my only gripe from the old one is that the letter started to fade out as time goes by. I just hope that this new one will not (although I'm planning to cover the letter with clear nailpolish for extra protection).

So yes, I got myself a Logitech Cordless Desktop S510. And yes, this thing is very hard to find. I fell in love right away with the design. It's very slim and has the right buttons. Again, this thing was very hard to find. I looked around I think 4 malls to find it, was able to find this last thing at Octagon Park Square in Makati. The box was under a stack of Wired Genius Keyboards. And the box didn't look like it was brand new (you know, the edges are peeling off and grime that is more than what one can find in a brand new box set. Anyways, I left the store and tried to look around, but the closest that came from the design was a Microsoft keyboard and mouse combo (yes, it's also wireless). But I decided to get the Logitech. Good thing though that the store yanked P500 from the price. Basically a good deal for me.

No comments: