Friday, January 01, 2010

My BlackBerry Curve 8520

Just two more weeks and it's already been a month since I got my very
first BlackBerry, and so far, I'm enjoying it. So much that I've
"influenced" a couple of my workmates to get one for themselves and by
the looks of it, more of them to follow suit.

Though I'm not too excited about the keypad, especially since I get to
discover my old SE M600i whom for that matter, for me, has must better
keypads than my Palm Centro and this BlackBerry.

The OS is wonderful, it's really more of a communication device thru
data and voice. Though proprietary and a bit expensive, the BIS is one
hell of a system. All messaging information are lumped into one
application, be it from an SMS, Email, Facebook, Yahoo! Messenger and
BB Messenger, I don't have to dig into all these applications, all I
have to do is to open one app on the desktop and it's already there
waiting for me. But I guess the downside is, there's so much data
traffice that if I don't get an unlimited plan for the BB, I would
perhaps be paying a lot for the data alone.

Another problem I have is the case, there's no store that I know of
that sells BlackBerry accessories locally for the Curve 8520. Although
Digital Walker has expressed suit that they will be bringing in more
accessories for the models that are locally distributed.

Oh and I've yet to get a new Bluetooth headset. Enjoy the pics

No comments: